Sunday, April 02, 2006

Pool Table

Since my father is expanding his workroom I have become the proud owner of a high quality pool table. The table was delivered and installed by the professionals at Playtime Billiards Saturday night and I, along with several friends, enjoyed playing on it until late in the evening.

After seeing a slate table installed I can say with great confidence that I never want to install one myself. The guys that installed it were very good at their job and they were worth every penny of the moving/installation fee. My entire involvement in the process was to make sure someone was at each end of the move to let them in and to tell them where I wanted the table. They spent about ninety minutes putting together, sanding, leveling, and generally making the table ready for play. The result is fantastic. The table plays wonderfully and I'm looking forward to many more good times with it.

For those familiar with my basement, the television room has become the pool table/foosball/darts room and the old game room is about to become the home theater. I just purchased a set of furniture including a sofa, loveseat, and three tables. You can see them at Art Van's web site. The plasma television and in-wall speakers will be the next step though I still have some shopping to do there.

With the new pool table installed I'm ready for the next party. It's just about time to plan for Memeaster (which is another post in its own right) and I'm looking forward to having everyone over. Many thanks to my father for giving me his absolutely outstanding table!

7 Comments:

Blogger The InstiKater said...

Yippe! Your house is becoming a party palace! I think we usually host Memeaster, but I'd love to hand it over to you so we can immediately experience the party room.

4/02/2006 9:56 PM  
Blogger KzooJason said...

Of course this might be a good reason to have two parties ;)

We've already had the air conditioning party... a pool table party doesn't sound all that far out in comparison!

4/02/2006 10:36 PM  
Blogger Henry Bierman said...

I am not as happy as the Instikater about ceding Memeaster.

You will have to make it worth my while.

4/02/2006 10:40 PM  
Blogger KzooJason said...

I feel the need, the need to cede. I'll happily cede any option I may have had to Memeaster provided you throw a cool party and I'm invited :)

I'm confident that we can have a separte, non-Memeaster, party that will serve as an introduction to the new features of my pad. This whole "we party once every three months" thing stinks. I propose we just have more parties and more opportunities to hang.

4/02/2006 10:51 PM  
Blogger Roland St. Jude said...

So...many...comments...

First, this comment by Jason, "I feel the need, the need to cede. I'll happily cede any option I may have had to Memeaster provided you throw a cool party and I'm invited :)" Made me laugh so hard I almost spit pizza. The Top Gun reference is perfect and the in-joke in the second part just capped it off. Well done, sir, well done.

Second, how can you not have Easterorial Day at the Bakers' house? The grill! The beer! The Anthony Michael Hall! (I'm sure there were other rooms in the basement, but a hall named after an 80s teen geek icon is quite memorable). Not that I'll be there or anything, so I guess there's no reason I should have a say. Argh!

Third, congrats on the table. That is extremely cool. A cool guy activity, if you will. First the bar, then poker, then darts, now pool, your place is becoming a regular seedy den of iniquity. Very nice.

Finally, nice post. I wish I could be there hanging out until late in the evening (or early in the morning even), playing the manly games, drinking the spirits, and laughing too loudly. Sounds like fun.

4/03/2006 3:02 PM  
Blogger Henry Bierman said...

You speak true J. There should not be a limitation on the gatherings. There are only so many days a year and not all of them can have interestingly named holidays tacked onto them. You set up the Par Tees and they will come.

I was thinking that MemEaster could be the 20th or 27th of May this year. That should give us great weather.

4/03/2006 4:45 PM  
Blogger The InstiKater said...

I don't care when we have it, and we can have it. But Henry, be warned, the instiKater is not in the habit of cleaning anything lately. Nor does she cook. So this leaves much of the preparation to you. If you do not do a sufficient job cleaning and cooking, be prepared that you will be barraged with complaints as I do not want our friends to witness my real slovinliness and count on you to disguise it.

4/18/2006 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home