Sunday, April 09, 2006

Home Theater Furniture

The new furniture for my home theater has arrived! The Art Van guys delivered it Saturday morning and set it up in the new home theater room. When I showed one of the delivery guys where the furniture was going (down the stairs, around the corner, past the foosball table, through a small door) he didn't seem particularly happy. He actually made a comment about not making it easy and then looked at me for a couple seconds. I'm not sure but it looked like he was hoping I'd change my mind. I was thinking, "golly, I was planning on putting my new furniture in this room but now that you've pointed out the minor difficulty... put it in there anyway".

In the end the two guys managed to get all the furniture into the room in a short span of time. This is another of those things that I'm happy to pay for. In ten minutes the furniture was delivered and setup without any fear of damaging it. Mind you, it could have been damaged. I just had no fear because if it was Art Van would pay to fix/replace it. Doing the delivery myself would have been feasible but would have taken multiple trips with the truck and would have risked damage to the furniture. It also would have taken several hours once you figure loading, unloading, driving, etc.

The pictures are of the room completely setup. I'll be mounting a plasma TV to the wall opposite the sofa and I'll be putting in five in-wall speakers for surround sound. There's also a plan for a stereo component rack build into the wall but that's another story altogether.

8 Comments:

Blogger KzooJason said...

Blogger does some annoying scaling on the images... click on them for a bigger image without distortion or pixelization.

4/09/2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger Roland St. Jude said...

Very nice. I like the colors and it looks comfortable.

4/09/2006 6:27 PM  
Blogger Henry Bierman said...

I care not for colors...what am I, metrosexual?

But when it comes to rooms dedicated to home theater I am smitten. When you get the tv we should have a party...and with the pool table, dart board, and home theater it looks like it should be a stag party.

4/09/2006 8:09 PM  
Blogger Henry Bierman said...

also, your link to the InstiKater is broken.

4/09/2006 8:10 PM  
Blogger KzooJason said...

Thanks Henry... link fixed. We'll definitely have to have a party. I'm all about exercising the features of the bachelor pad.

4/09/2006 8:49 PM  
Blogger Henry Bierman said...

We could set up a web cam and Roland could watch the party.

4/10/2006 1:07 PM  
Blogger Roland St. Jude said...

Susan has a webcam, so we could conference in for a chat with the assembled masses (and maybe a few drinking songs!)

4/10/2006 3:12 PM  
Blogger The InstiKater said...

How come that was our room when it was shitty? And we slept on the papazon mattress (which is ROUND and not a good shaper for two generally rectangular people). I might be willing to give up office room in favor of this one...

4/18/2006 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home