Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Gilboa

I spoke with Ryan at the dive shop tonight and decided to join a group of people heading down to Gilboa Quarry in Ohio for a weekend of diving. Some of the people I took the open water class with are doing their drysuit certification during the trip but I opted to postpone the drysuit experiment. Since I'm using all my new equipment for the first time I'm a bit concerned about a high level of task loading if I were to toss in a drysuit. Of course that means I'll be diving a wetsuit in November buy hey, everyone already knew I was nuts.

I'm excited... these will be my first dives since certification and it'll give me a chance to try out my new gear before I head down to Florida to visit Dave and Susan. Gilboa is supposed to be a fantastic dive site and should have far better visibility than the 10 feet we had in Lake 16. As the PADI book says, Go Dive!

2 Comments:

Blogger Roland St. Jude said...

That sounds like fun. Nice icy cold waters. You'll have to do a trip report.

11/09/2005 8:16 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Ok, I know you're back in town...I demand details! Now-ish.

11/14/2005 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home