Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Mmm... Fondue

I was at Target the other day and ran across an electric fondue pot for under $20. After my recent experiences at The Melting Pot, I had to buy it. An electric pot is particularly nice for oil based cooking as I can set the temperature appropriately and thennot worry about it. After chatting with Jocelin I decided to hook up a fondue dinner this weekend.

I'm planning on all the standard ingredients including steak, chicken, zucchini, mushrooms, etc. As I was planning the meal I realized it just wouldn't be the same with The Green Goddess, an outstanding cream cheese based dip found at The Melting Pot. Knowing this, I set out to find a recipe for The Green Goddess. I knew it would be difficult, that I had my work cut out for me, that it might require a trip to The Melting Pot. I was wrong. Two minutes after punching the name into Google I had my recipe. While I am a bit surprised, I'm thrilled I can include the dip in my meal. For those that would like to create the dip for themselves, you can find the recipe here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Gak...thar..smizib...splutter...
NOT....FAIR!

4/27/2006 2:24 PM  
Blogger Roland St. Jude said...

Good luck with the fondue pot. We love ours (an alcohol burner), but we don't use it nearly enough. I'm (pleasantly) surprised at how simple the green goddess is! I actually have all those ingredients. Now I just need some mushrooms.

4/28/2006 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home