Monday, May 01, 2006

Changing Jobs

A short while back I decided to take a new position at work. I've been managing a group of software developers for some time now and I enjoy what I do. Despite my happiness with my current job, I decided to throw my hat in the ring when one of my coworkers who manages our Network Systems group announced that he'd be leaving to move to another division. The new job is still in the Information Systems area but is focused more on the daily operations of the business as opposed to software development projects.

Overall I'm very excited by the move. I do have some mixed emotions since software development is something I have great interest in but the good certainly outweighs the bad. I'm really looking forward to the challenge of a completely new position. The experience will be great, it'll give me a chance to try something new and outside my comfort zone, and I'll get to meet a bunch of new people.

I'll start in the new job in a couple weeks and I'm spending quite a bit of my time talking to the guy I'm replacing so that I can be somewhat up to speed with what's going on. Until we find someone to replace me I'll be keeping my current job as well but I hope to find someone for that position in the not too distant future. In the interim, I expect I'll be doing a bit more running around than normal. Should be fun...

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Congrats! and Best of luck!

5/02/2006 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home