Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Vacation Part 2

After Jocelin was done at work on Monday we had a decision to make. I had time off through Wednesday and we could continue our vacation or call it off and try again later. Jocelin and I were agreed... we continued on. Monday night we made arrangements to go to Cedar Point on Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday morning we set out for Sandusky.

The trip was uneventful and didn't seem particularly long - due, no doubt, to the travel we'd been subjecting ourselves to for the previous few days. We even found, much to Jocelin's chagrin, a Mancino's at a rest stop. Given my somewhat unnatural love of Mancino's we had to stop for a quick snack. The food was good but the ambiance wasn't quite what I'm used to at home.

Cedar Point was a blast. Since we were there during the week and after some schools had started back up in Indiana, lines were very reasonable. We never waited more than an hour and several times Magnum and Raptor were basically walk-on rides. Millenium Force continues to be my favorite ride and we tried it both in the middle of the train and in the front. We went on Top Thrill Dragster and had a short but very intense blast.

We did some of the skill games (basket toss, ring toss, etc.) As it turns out, Jocelin has more skill than I... while I managed to win her a towel and stuffed puppy, she managed to win a giant teddy bear and a big blue gorilla. I was glad to see Jocelin do so well - even if she did completely thrash me at all but the water gun squirting game.

Jocelin and I are already talking about returning with a few friends to Cedar Point's Halloweekends. The park gets decorated for Halloween and they have special events for Friday to Sunday weekends. Hopefully we'll have a chance to go back soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger The InstiKater said...

Count me in...once I get this baby out of me!

8/31/2006 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home