Sunday, July 09, 2006

Dive Class

Okay, it's been a long time since my last post and I have a ton of stuff going on. I've been busy and a bit on the incommunicado side lately but I hope to rectify that starting now. I'll have a couple posts in the next couple days. For the diving readers out there (hey Susan, hey Roland), you may share my excitement that I'm scheduled to start the PADI Rescue Diver class on the 23rd. For the non-diving readers... I promise to get some non-diving posts up shortly.

The Rescue Diver class is one which engenders many positive comments. It focuses on first aid and rescue. We get to do fun in-water rescue scenarios and as part of the class I'll be taking a CPR course. The class is very reasonably priced, particularly compared to what shops in more tropical venues charge. The next step will be to go for Divemaster certification which would give me the required certification and training to assist in open water classes and to lead "Discover Scuba" dives. My LDS has already indicated that they need divemasters and that if I get the certification they'll hook me up with classes. Having a chance to teach scuba would be a ton of fun!

3 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Sounds like you are rockin' the scuba world. Pretty soon I won't be able to keep up. Did they ever find someone to do your old job at work? I hope you aren't still working both jobs. That would bite. I miss you millions.

7/10/2006 1:16 PM  
Blogger Roland St. Jude said...

Hey, nice to hear from you! Glad to hear things are going well, if busily.

7/10/2006 8:27 PM  
Blogger Henry Bierman said...

1 post in 9 days does not make for, "I'll have a couple posts in the next couple days,".

I hope that your schedules and promises at work are nothing like your blog promises.

7/18/2006 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home