Sunday, July 01, 2007

Vacation - Day One

My first day of vacation was largely spent travelling. I flew from Kalamazoo to Detroit and then from Detroit to Fort Lauderdale. I was fortunate that despite numerous Northwest cancellations, my flights were running as scheduled. The first real glitch came when we were close to landing in Fort Lauderdale. Apparently, there were thunderstorms... resulting in us landing in Miami, spending an hour or so there, and then flying to Fort Lauderdale. We ended up making two runs at the runway because air traffic control tried to squeeze us in for a landing but it didn't quite work out. We pulled up when we were a very short distance above the ground which was a bit dissappointing. Nonetheless, I made it into the airport and recovered my bags before heading over to the Enterprise rental counter.

There was a line at Enterprise but they got me through fairly quickly. Sadly, I then had to wait ten minutes while I waited for someone to actually take me to my car. Once that person arrived there was some confusion about what kind of car I was supposed to get. We worked that out but then the Enterprise guy spent a few minutes trying to upsell me on a more expensive car. At that point I was pretty much done with the travelling and wanted to be done... so he went and spent five minutes finding me an Impala.

I met up with Dave and Susan at The Melting Pot near their place. The food was, as always, excellent. We were considering a nice menage a trois but ended up deciding against. Wait... what are you thinking... Menage a Trois was the name of the wine we were considering. It was a nice blend of three wines... get your minds out of the gutter!

The Melting Pot was a nice way to end the day and it was good to see Dave and Susan. Apparently there's quite a list of restaurants that we're considering so it should be a culinary delight down here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Henry Bierman said...

I must admit that a gutter mind I do have and that you "threesome" was bringing about quite a mental image that I was not really...ready...hoping...wanting.

Enjoy your time away.

7/02/2007 2:41 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

At the restaurant I made a joke about getting that bottle of wine and blogging it. Especially since I didn't have wine, I had a sissified girly drink which was indeed, pink.

7/02/2007 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home