Monday, January 09, 2006

Playing the Market

The company stock was up a bit today and there's been a good run on the blue chip stocks over the last five days or so. Knowing this, I thought I'd go check out my 401(K) account to see how I'm doing. To say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement. For the first time I have cracked the six figure barrier (not including the pennies). I'm sure that in the coming days market fluctuations will erase some of my immaterial wealth; however, I'm imbued with a sense of happiness and success to actually see the dollar value this high, even for a moment. According to my projections, I need another million dollars or so to retire so I'm not breaking out the champagne quite yet but I am excited. I'm thinking of framing the screenshot of the statement... is that geeky or just materialistic? Also, is spending money on a frame a sign that my financial acumen is still lacking?

5 Comments:

Blogger Henry Bierman said...

I know just how you feel. From the market close yesterday I was $20.12 short of six figures. And I was thinking of printing out a screenshot of the big close...I do not think I'll frame it though.

Congratulations.

1/09/2006 8:08 PM  
Blogger KzooJason said...

Thanks, you too! I was debating on posting anything at all... putting financial details online, heck even talking about them with friends is at best tacky and at worst stupid but dang, I was REALLY excited.

1/10/2006 12:05 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Mostly your friends are happy that you are doing so well (and secretly hoping that while feeling so flush you will take them out to lunch ;)

1/10/2006 11:43 AM  
Blogger KzooJason said...

I'll take both of you out to lunch one day while I'm down there!

1/10/2006 4:59 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Sweet, I can't believe that worked! I wonder how far I can take this... ;)

1/11/2006 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home