Saturday, December 15, 2007

Pool League

A few months ago I started playing in a pool league. It's been fun so far and I enjoy getting together with people and having a chance to compete. The first four weeks were fairly rough... I lost my matches all four weeks. On the bright side, I've won my last eight matches in a row. It's fun to play the game even if you lose. That being said, winning is far, far better.

Tuesday night's match was my first table run ever. I broke but didn't put anything in. My opponent took a shot then missed. I ran all seven of my balls and then sank the eight. It was a truly awesome feeling (though my opponent appeared to be enjoying it a fair bit less). It was, admittedly, a bit of a fluke. I don't normally run a table but I'm looking forward to doing it more often!

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a good time. Still drooling over cues?

12/16/2007 3:07 PM  
Blogger Roland St. Jude said...

Nicely done.

12/18/2007 12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home